What is Hurling and how to play?
Info about Hurling.
Hurling is an Irish game. It is the national game of Ireland. It starts from back to the second millennium. Hurling played with a broader oval-bladed small wooden stick and a small ball. It resembles hockey. Hurling is the fastest and skillful game that is played on the grass.
Hurling is a game that is played between two teams and each team consists of fifteen players. They categorized the players as follows.
- One Goalkeeper
- Two Mid-Field Players
- Six Defensive Players
- Six Offensive Players.
Rules of Hurling.
- A match of Hurling consisting of the two halves. The first half consists of twenty-five minutes and the second half consist of thirty-five minutes.
- During the match, the player can not pick up the ball from the ground by its hand. The player uses the Hurley to roll, jab, flick, and lift the ball into the hand.
- During the match, the player can catch the ball while the ball bouncing along with the ground and while when a ball is in the air
- During the match, the ball can be hit with the Hurley when a ball is in the air or on the ground.
- The ball can be shifted in the hand at most two times if the ball touches the ground then the count will be reset.
- During the match, a player can balance the ball on his Hurley for an unlimited time
- During the entire match, the ball can be hand passed using one hand and also kicked the ball. The ball cannot be thrown during the entire movement.
How to play Hurling?
- The game of Hurling starts when the ball is thrown between the center of Midfielders. By using their wooden stick the player can move the ball along the ground from either direction or side and towards any of his teammates.
- Four seconds or four steps are given to the player to onward the ball.
- After four seconds or four steps, the player must play with the ball if he does not play then it will be foul.
Fouls in Hurling.
- It is foul in the match when the player directly touches the ball when the ball is on the ground.
- In the match, the player cannot hold the opponent player and also his Hurley.
- It is foul in the match when the player holds the ball more than twice and also runs more than four steps when the ball is in his hand.
- It is foul in the match of Hurling when a player is physically challenging the opponent player when the ball is not present there.
How to score?
- When a player hits the ball over the crossbar which is between the goalposts and on over the goalkeeper then points are scored.
- When a player hits the ball under the crossbar which is between the goalposts then goals are scored. And that time this goal is worth three points.
- A player of the game of Hurling can score the goal or point from play or from set-pieces.